As summer comes to an end in Vail, it’s only a matter of time before the mountain village is flooded with people looking to ski the legendary slopes. The neighborhoods of Vail are just as legendary as the slopes, with an expansive collection of incredible restaurants featuring dishes from around the world. There are endless places to refuel in the village after a day on the slopes. So we have narrowed down the list with some of the best restaurants in Vail Colorado. And our vacation rentals at Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices are the best place to stay throughout the Vail area. Take your tastebuds on a trip around the world when you visit Vail and discover for yourself why the area is a foodies paradise.
Start the Day with a Hearty Breakfast
An important note to keep in mind is that a free transportation service runs through the Vail area for easy access to restaurants without having to drive anywhere!
- The Little Diner: The Little Diner is a favorite spot for breakfast among locals and tourists alike. The homemade breakfast classics and regional specialties are often regarded as the best in town! The breakfast menu includes crepes, breakfast burritos, omelets, breakfast sandwiches, and hearty platters. But, the must-try item on the menu is the authentic German-style pancakes called pannekoeken.
- Vintage: Vintage is a classic French-style brasserie that looks like it’s straight off a street in Paris. The mouthwatering French dishes are a must-stop for a taste of Europe in Vail. We recommend the galette dishes, puff pastries with delicious breakfast foods inside, such as the Croque madame galette with egg, gruyere cheese, French cured ham, and bechamel. You can find the complete brunch menu here.
Take a Break and Refuel for Lunch
- Mountain Standard: Mountain Standard is a unique restaurant that uses the oldest cooking style to create homemade meals. The food is cooked over an open and live wood fire to bring out bold and rustic flavors. We recommend the Eaton Ranch cheeseburger made with locally sourced beef just down the road from Vail. Browse the lunch menu here to discover all the delicious dishes at Mountain Standard.
- La Bottega: Continue your trip around the food world with lunch at the Italian restaurant of La Bottega. Experience the vibrant flavors of Italian cuisine and pair it with a drink from the wine bar. The menu includes subs, specialty sandwiches, paninis, stone oven pizza, and of course, pasta.
The Best Restaurants in Vail Colorado for Dinner
- Sweet Basil: Sweet Basil is the most popular restaurant in Vail and a popular spot for dinner since the 1970s. This restaurant blends fine dining with creative American cuisine and an expansive wine list. Keep it light with the duck and ricotta ravioli or treat yourself to perfectly cooked Alaskan halibut. And it is essential to pair your meal with a high-quality wine. Sweet Basil is the best restaurant in Vail for a high-end dinner in the mountains.
- Matsuhisa: Matsuhisa brings the flavors of Japan to Vail with premier sushi and sashimi. The fresh, authentic flavors from renowned chef Nobu Matsuhisa are the secret behind the success. Signature dishes here include yellowtail sashimi with jalapeno, black cod miso, and white fish tiradito. Visit Matsuhisa for dinner and enjoy the best sushi in town.
The Best Vail Vacation Home Rentals
The vacation rentals at Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices are the perfect destination to host your getaway. Spend the day on the slopes and check out the best restaurants in Vail, Colorado, to enjoy delicious food from around the world. Browse our beautiful properties here and call us at 970-476-3800 if you have any questions.