While it’s no secret that it’s an elite winter vacation spot, some travelers may not realize that Vail during the summer can be every bit enjoyable as during the snowy season. From horseback riding to whitewater rafting, our beloved mountain village offers a little bit of something for everyone. Further adding to the allure of a Vail summer vacation, Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices has an impressive assortment of vacation rentals that will provide the ultimate launchpad for an unforgettable summer getaway. Part of what makes Vail such an excellent place to visit is the seemingly endless array of four-season fun. Today we’ll give you a few ideas on how to spend summer in one of the Centennial State’s most renowned alpine communities.
Vail Summer | 6 Exciting Mountain Activities
As you travel between different landmarks and attractions, be sure to have your camera handy. You never know what you’ll see amid the sparkling rivers and towering mountains! In addition to the scenic beauty found around nearly every corner, Vail has a surprising number of summer recreation options for a place best known for its ski hills. Here are some of the areas most unique warm-weather activities:
- Whitewater Rafting is a heart-racing summer activity that promises to deliver a healthy dose of adrenaline. You can find a list of reputable outfitters by navigating to our rafting information page.
- Zipline tours offer an exciting way to immerse yourself in the rugged mountain landscape that exemplifies the Vail valley. We highly recommend Zip Adventures because of their acute attention to safety and standing as a world-class zipline operator.
- Horseback riding with Vail Stables is a quintessential mountain experience that animal lovers and nature lovers should embark on—not just equine enthusiasts!
- Hot air balloon rides from Camelot Balloons will have you soaring through the heart of the Rockies surrounded by endless skies and awe-inspiring vistas.
- Fly fishing in the Rocky Mountains is something every angler should do at least once in their lifetime. Fly Fishing Outfitters is your go-to stop for lessons, guide services, gear, and more.
- Hiking may seem like a typical or even dull activity to some, but we’re willing to bet those who think so haven’t trekked in the Rocky Mountains! Whether you’re seeking a guided hike or want to go solo, be sure to check out our handy list of nearby hikes and outfitters.
Colorado Summer Vacation Rentals in Vail
Having a place to plan, prepare, and fulfill your itinerary isn’t simply a matter of securing somewhere to sleep. You’ll want a rental that feels like home and provides familiar comforts. Vail summers can be every bit as exhilarating as the winter, but there is only one way for you to find out! Scattered throughout the heart of the valley, Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices invites you to browse our extensive collection of vacation rentals in Vail and Beaver Creek. For additional information or to book your stay, please reach out to us online or call 800-571-0055 today!